My best Archive Challenge MN no UT/nin/izuna/GT/health items/wall jumpY, and Chapter 1 MN no UT/health items/wall jumpY

PLATFORM: Xbox, Xbox 360 (emulation); RELEASE: March 2004 (NGB: September 2005)

Moderator: TheGodfatherDictator

Kazama Jin
Shadow Imp Fiend
Shadow Imp Fiend

My best Archive Challenge MN no UT/nin/izuna/GT/health items/wall jumpY, and Chapter 1 MN no UT/health items/wall jumpY

Post by Kazama Jin » Fri Feb 28, 2020 3:15 pm

Hey guys. It's been a while. I wanted to share some runs that I youtubed recently. Many thanks to Reim and Massaca for helping me get my password in order. :sunnyd:

This is my vastly improved run of the Archive Challenge MN no UT/ninpo/Izuna/GT/Health items/Wall jump Y/Bottom floor only challenge that I've been working on. I play pretty solidly through the whole thing, even when Cats are trying to put me away at 66 kills with FS spam. 102 Kills I get a dope FS on a cat out of the air, haha. I hope you like it.

And the second run was Chapter 1 MN no UT/Health items/Wall jump Y. It's not as difficult but I think it's pretty fun, and it's a way to utilize how strong the level 1 DS movelist is.

A big part of this gameplay is understanding that in NGB, if you hit an enemy, the hitbox and ..I guess frame priority of Ryu changes immediately. The hitbox often will expand on alot of moves and engulf other enemies into the hit, and it seems to make Ryu have frame priority over getting hit over most other moves, and in the case of gleaming blade, make him invulnerable temporarily. Knowing how to manipulate this to interrupt the enemy is absolutely key to playing this way. But it's not easy, because if you don't hit, you're vulnerable, especially so in the case of missing a gleaming blade, etc.

Any thoughts comments or questions, or in general no UT discussion. I love playing this way and want to do more runs in the future. I'm going to try to mess with the wooden sword for this AC challenge and really push it to an extreme, but the main issue is that, the flails and lunar both get instantly guard broken by cats because they have a larger block box or something. JTB has talked about this before, the UF does it as well. So when a cat hits you, it hits for double on the first hit on the flails, lunar and UF, not the DS though if you are far enough away. If it does that to the wooden sword as well, it may be too much trouble for this kind of challenge, but we'll see.

I usually stream all my NGB stuff on twitch.tv/susamajii2

Thanks for watching.
Bigalski
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: My best Archive Challenge MN no UT/nin/izuna/GT/health items/wall jumpY, and Chapter 1 MN no UT/health items/wall ju

Post by Bigalski » Sun Mar 01, 2020 5:08 pm

Great watch. I really enjoyed them.
Kazama Jin
Shadow Imp Fiend
Shadow Imp Fiend

Re: My best Archive Challenge MN no UT/nin/izuna/GT/health items/wall jumpY, and Chapter 1 MN no UT/health items/wall ju

Post by Kazama Jin » Mon Mar 02, 2020 1:42 pm

Hey thanks man! Thanks for watching, glad you liked it
wyansas
Wasp Fiend
Wasp Fiend

Post by wyansas » Tue Mar 10, 2020 12:43 am

This is excellent. Things got a little hairy around the 70 kill mark but for the most part you made it look easy. Most impressed by your use of gleaming blade. The gleaming blade you do around that 70 kill mark to get two blue essence out of those cats was clutch as hell. I would have been afraid to use it, because that second cat was coming with the flying swallow. But I just read your post and you say that your hit box expands and you become invulnerable if the gleaming blade connects first. So you were always safe from that second cat as long as the first one connected, I guess. Learned something new today!