Alma fights - Master Ninja Dragon Sword only No UT No Ninpo No Potions No Izuna Drop challenge

PLATFORM: Xbox, Xbox 360 (emulation); RELEASE: March 2004 (NGB: September 2005)

Moderator: TheGodfatherDictator

unwary
Lesser Imp Fiend
Lesser Imp Fiend

Alma fights - Master Ninja Dragon Sword only No UT No Ninpo No Potions No Izuna Drop challenge

Post by unwary » Wed Mar 27, 2019 4:03 am

Master Ninja Dragon Sword only No UT No Ninpo No Potions No Izuna Drop challenge

Decided to do a challenge run. Overall the run isn't as bad as I expected. Only 2 fiend challenges I'm not doing are the stadium and great bridge.
The best parts of the run was fighting Alma with the given restrictions. Most boring.... Ghuls... :cry:

Alma
- The camera was definitely the strongest opponent in the fight. :thumb:
*Forgot to disable my TTS bot midfight XD

Awakened Alma
- I must have spent around 9 hours on this fight, her purple orbs have INSANE tracking.

I'm currently at the Marbus gauntlet.
Nicchae seems to behaving as though she is Alma 3.0, staying at a distance spamming orbs and skulls :picard:

Marbus Gauntlet
- Spent about 8 hours on this part. There is no Nicchae on Xbox one but there is Purple Alma 3.0. With insane damage, insane dodge rate on her ground stance with fast recovery, and loves to spam projectiles like all her other forms.
- Ishtaros really loves trolling with her knee cancels and slide cancels. Marbus can also be a pain when he wants to be stagger resistant and smash Ryu's face in -_-

At least the challenge run is done now, Fiend Murai wasn't so bad in comparison to Alma and her many forms. :thumb:

Fiend Murai
- The key thing I figured out was to use XY then shuriken cancel to help his first grab attempt to whiff and use helm splitter for damage and get priority for blocking his sword swipes. Just hope he doesn't do too many double grabs. :coffee:
Last edited by unwary on Sun Mar 31, 2019 11:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Bigalski
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Alma fights - Master Ninja Dragon Sword only No UT No Ninpo No Potions No Izuna Drop challenge

Post by Bigalski » Thu Mar 28, 2019 8:10 am

Great videos and fun to watch. :thumb: Way to grind through some of the BS parts, especially on Alma!!
unwary
Lesser Imp Fiend
Lesser Imp Fiend

Re: Alma fights - Master Ninja Dragon Sword only No UT No Ninpo No Potions No Izuna Drop challenge

Post by unwary » Sun Mar 31, 2019 2:43 am

Xbox One Nicchae is pretty much Alma 3.0 at this point, I don't remember her being this projectile happy or her orbs tracking so well on xb360 :picard:
unwary
Lesser Imp Fiend
Lesser Imp Fiend

Post by unwary » Sun Mar 31, 2019 7:04 pm

Finally finished the run! Alma was the true test of the challenge in the end. Everything else was pretty manageable.
julius-ruler4
Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge
Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge

Post by julius-ruler4 » Tue Apr 02, 2019 8:54 am

Damn, that was awesome. Loved it till the end.
Bigalski
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Bigalski » Tue Apr 02, 2019 10:16 am

Very Nice. It's been fun watching your challenge runs.