Alma 1 inferno loop question

PLATFORM: Xbox, Xbox 360 (emulation); RELEASE: March 2004 (NGB: September 2005)

Moderator: TheGodfatherDictator

unwary
Lesser Imp Fiend
Lesser Imp Fiend

Alma 1 inferno loop question

Post by unwary » Mon Oct 29, 2018 1:22 am

For Alma inferno loop, is it actually guaranteed on original xbox console?

I fought her a couple of times on MN and in both fights she dodged the inferno's fireball.

I did the →YXXY combo and onlanding inferno and she did dodged the follow up projectile a few times. First time I tried using lvl2 inferno and the second time I tried lvl1 inferno. She would still dodge both :facepalm2:

Is there something to this that I'm not aware of? All my recent master ninja runs keep losing their good pace to her. :picard:
Royta
Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2
Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2

Re: Alma 1 inferno loop question

Post by Royta » Mon Oct 29, 2018 7:40 am

This for your speedrun-strats? I sometimes get my versions mixed up, but isn't the Flame Wheels juggle still the prime way of doing things? Not sure about the inferno loop sorry. Sure some others here might know, I'd be interested in knowing too!
JTB123
Incendiary Ninja
Incendiary Ninja

Post by JTB123 » Mon Oct 29, 2018 9:25 am

Did the inferno activation aura hit her as well as she drops down? That does seem to be a factor in getting it to connect. In all the time I played on the original system I never once had her get out of that loop once it started but if she's getting out of it then maybe there is a pattern we aren't aware of or it's simply not guaranteed and we were wrong.
unwary
Lesser Imp Fiend
Lesser Imp Fiend

Post by unwary » Tue Oct 30, 2018 1:47 am

Yes, the aura did connect with her. Never heard of a firewheels strat for Alma.

Once I get more free time then I'll do proper ninja science on Alma and get some recorded runs on her for original xbox and xbone.
Royta
Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2
Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2

Post by Royta » Tue Oct 30, 2018 9:29 am

Firewheels mostly worked in 04 I think, since Black's enemy spawns can mess it up more easily. Basically, you knock her down using any method, activate flamewheels, XYXXX, XYXXX, XY. Then you activate firewheels again as I recall. You can keep her juggled from 100 until death this way, at least in 04, if you play it smart. In Black as noted enemy spawns can royally screw up Ryu's combos since he will prioritize those jumping enemies, risking a drop of the combo.