Kitetsu wrecking Awakened Alma

PLATFORM: Xbox, Xbox 360 (emulation); RELEASE: March 2004 (NGB: September 2005)

Moderator: TheGodfatherDictator

Royta
Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2
Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2

Kitetsu wrecking Awakened Alma

Post by Royta » Mon Jan 22, 2018 2:02 pm

For some reason she just doesn't know how to dodge this weapon during her dashing animation, works really well!

(around 14:40)

Also found out that >XXXX with the TDS wrecks that move if you time it right, but the camera is a nightmare sadly and will screw up the input more often than not. Kitetsu seems way more consistent. Sorry if this is old, but I never saw this before in any video so thought I'd share.
Kazama Jin
Shadow Imp Fiend
Shadow Imp Fiend

Re: Kitetsu wrecking Awakened Alma

Post by Kazama Jin » Mon Jan 22, 2018 3:28 pm

This is a pretty cool way to actually get consistent damage on AA.

Myself, I would prefer to not fight AA from a distance trying to draw her rush and get the proper spacing for that setup, due to her extremely damaging projectiles and her ability to mix up the timing of her extremely damaging throw off of other stuff she does. I like to rush her down and encourage her to not do any distanced moves.

But I'd still be able to use this if she happens to rush if I happen to be away. This is super dope, nice work! Pretty amazing that it's seems 100% consistent for damage.
Royta
Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2
Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2

Post by Royta » Mon Jan 22, 2018 5:07 pm

If you can, just before the rush hits, you can use >XXYYY too. The >X of the TDS has i.frames and will do some nice damage to her too.

I still don't really get her fight in terms of how to get her close etc, sometimes she just does whatever, but this in her face rushdown works wonders. I toyed a bit more with it off camera and you can get her in a semi loop if you stay at the correct range (though she always ends up going for a grab eventually). Fact that it's a 100% consistent damage oppertunity against her is enough to be me hype though haha! Cheers!
Bigalski
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Bigalski » Tue Jan 23, 2018 9:38 am

I don't think I've ever seen this before so good find. Does it work on Mission Mode?
Royta
Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2
Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2

Post by Royta » Tue Jan 23, 2018 10:05 am

Yeah works on Mission Mode too, across all difficulties. Haven't tested on NG04, Sigma and Sigma Plus though - just NGB.
reim0027
Administrator

Post by reim0027 » Wed Jan 24, 2018 2:43 am

Nice find. Decent damage too.
Royta
Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2
Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2

Post by Royta » Mon Jan 29, 2018 2:45 pm

Just finished up my Warhammer-Only run, punishing her dash with >Y into Inferno also always connects and is safe. Sometimes >Y is safe too, and you can then do it until she stops dashing but using Inferno after >Y is safest though since sometimes she just nails you after it.

Also for whatever reason I've found that if you start a combo at the end of her 'fallen down' period, she cannot dodge the rest. So I used >Y - XY as a combo with the Warhammer and she couldn't dodge the Y even while flying. Looks weird but also really cool. Really enjoyed using the Warhammer too, fun weapon!
reim0027
Administrator

Post by reim0027 » Tue Jan 30, 2018 2:53 am

How did you do a WH only run? Doesn't include the first few chapters until you get it?
Royta
Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2
Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2

Post by Royta » Tue Jan 30, 2018 9:37 am

reim0027 wrote:
Tue Jan 30, 2018 2:53 am
How did you do a WH only run? Doesn't include the first few chapters until you get it?
Yeah I just made a save just before you get each weapon. So my Kitetsu Only run starts at chapter 12, Warhammer at Chapter 8 etc :ninjawink:
Here is Warhammer vs Awakened Alma, pretty happy with this show-case:

reim0027
Administrator

Post by reim0027 » Wed Jan 31, 2018 2:40 am

It's too bad you can't get a mod to allow you to start the game with those weapons.
Royta
Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2
Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2

Post by Royta » Wed Jan 31, 2018 7:53 am

I wish it too. I remember NG04 having New Game Plus and being all hyped up for a Kitetsu run there (since it drains HP there), only to realise it only carries over Essence...
Farnham The Drunk
Flawless Ninja
Flawless Ninja

Post by Farnham The Drunk » Sun Oct 11, 2020 9:51 pm

Royta wrote:
Wed Jan 31, 2018 7:53 am
I wish it too. I remember NG04 having New Game Plus and being all hyped up for a Kitetsu run there (since it drains HP there), only to realise it only carries over Essence...
I actually made that mistake today, played through all of NG04, Very Hard, OLB, no Ninpo, not upgrading wooden sword, all to realize none of that matters... (not to mention the trouble i went through to get NG04 runnin again...) and no u do not even carry essence over.... all u keep are the scarabs... (but u still do not get the Dab in Ch2, all Muramasa gives u is: 1 LotG, I SotD, NG Trilogy, and Tranquility, Benediction and Fortune Armlets) i wanted to do a Kitetsu only, no Armlet of Tranquility... but nope, dream died... still nice to play the whole game with the Plasma Saber tho ;-)

Worst NG+ i have ever seen haha totally worthless, not even ur health or ki carries over... Now i know why they removed it in NGB, it makes no sense...
Should have looked it up earlier i guess, my memory played tricks on me haha
Royta
Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2
Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2

Post by Royta » Mon Oct 12, 2020 7:39 am

I had the exact same idea haha, Kitetsu for the life-drain and play the whole game that way.