New NGB MM Quest for 50 Million Videos (On Hold)

PLATFORM: Xbox, Xbox 360 (emulation); RELEASE: March 2004 (NGB: September 2005)

Moderator: TheGodfatherDictator

unwary
Lesser Imp Fiend
Lesser Imp Fiend

Re: Some New Commentary Mission Mode Videos I'll Be Making (EDIT)

Post by unwary » Fri Mar 15, 2019 6:15 pm

Bigalski wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2019 8:39 pm
I do miss not having Smoke Bombs, the Lunar, the ability to charge, and being able to rotate the camera.
And good recovery frames cancels, that drove me nuts since I've put so much time into ngb :cry:
Bigalski
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Some New Ninja Gaiden Very Hard Videos I'll Be Making (EDIT)

Post by Bigalski » Sun Apr 14, 2019 4:15 pm

This commentary series is done with JTB123 and played on the Xbox 360. My goal is making all the encounter times limits, all the end of chapter bonuses when possible, and a focus on UT's to manage essence for my UF as early as possible. Along the way we'll discuss the differences between Ninja Gaiden 2004 and Ninja Gaiden Black, show some strategies that might work on one game but not the other as well as having fun enjoying a blast from the past. Also I'll be adding the times and kills needed for the 100,000 end of chapter bonuses per difficulty level in each chapter video info section.

Right now I've made the first 5 chapters and the link should automatically update as I add more videos. Because of the time difference between myself and JTB, it'll be a week or more before I can add new content.

As always, comments or suggestions are always welcome.
Bigalski
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Bigalski » Mon Apr 22, 2019 2:21 pm

Chapters 6, 7, and 8 are up but I also made another video for chapter 6 going back up top and upgrading the Flails. The time limit for this chapter is tight no matter if you upgrade or not. Saving is limited and some of the gauntlets can be tough. Overall I think upgrading the Flails is best, especially since you'll have them at the beginning of Chapter 7 and the Zombie Challenge.

I decided to try something different on Alma and use the Ice Storm Ninpo on her since the Inferno Loop isn't very consistent as it is on NGB. I had a bad start on the fight but figured I would try it and ended up making the time bonus so as bad as the fight was, I kept it and moved on.

Nothing fancy for Chapter 8. Just fight respawning fights as needed to gain essence for my UF and Dabi upgrade to take advantage of the longer chapter time limit.

The playlist link will update with the new added videos when you click on it.
Bigalski
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Bigalski » Sun May 05, 2019 6:37 pm

Chapter 9 and 10 are up. There's quite a bit of time in CH9 so I go back into CH8 and do some fights to get extra points and essence. The two tanks are so much easier since they can be caught in a loop to where they just do a circle around you. The helicopter fight goes bad but I kept the fight in the video to show what not to do. The radio tower is harder than it is on NGB and if the rockets start to stagger, you are in trouble.

I explain in CH10 how they use to do a full successive run since the encounter time limits are different before the patched NG04. I show killing the first worm with the Chucks in a 413 hit combo as well as showing different ways of killing the other worms and the final boss.

Bigalski
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Bigalski » Sun May 19, 2019 3:55 am

Chapter 11 is up twice. Once as a regular play through like the other vids I've made and another way showing how the old school karma runners would play for the most part. Since the encounters respawn with full bonuses from chapters 8, 9, and 10, it was best to skip the end of chapter bonus and focus on fighting all the fights down to zero if applicable. I only fought the encounters 8 times and edited all the extras out but I could have fought them more. Based on JTB's run making to make all the end of chapter bonuses, doing this takes much longer but also I scored 557,000 more than he did as an example. Imagine playing this way for the entire game and that's the way it was back in the day before the patch came out.

Bigalski
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Bigalski » Thu May 30, 2019 6:50 pm

Chapter 12 is up. Since there's so much time, I decide to backtrack to do other fights before doing the stadium puzzle skip and moving forward. I show another shortcut for the stadium puzzle that is not shown on video that much or if at all. IMO, it's easier than the other two ways. I added some bloopers and compare how many hits the Flame Worm takes with the Nunchucks vs the Electric Worm. If going for score, picking an optimized route is crucial and maximizing timed fights is key. I've shown different ways to fight bosses in other videos but really the low health UF is the best when applicable and I highly recommend people learn how to use it.

Chapter 13 is up. As in CH12, there's a lot of time so I fight a lot of extra fights. Planning well for this chapter is key to maximizing points while still making the end of chapter time limit. Of course I didn't do that but at least I show the need for picking your fights better. At least you have the luxury with all the pill bugs to balance the chapter time vs points as this is the only chapter you can do that at the end. The UF works great on Awakened Alma and it's fun to give her a good paddling. LOL

Chapter 14 is up. The Ghost Fish are so different in this version compared to NGB IMO. They don't appear to be as aggressive but when they do latch onto to you, they can do a lot of damage quick. I have an example of that of course. LOL The time limit down the long hallway seems way to short especially compared to the next fight where you get the key in the chest. I could never make it and since there isn't the extra save statue, I really didn't put much time into it.

The XYXXXX with the TDS or UF can launch Spirit Doku so he's much easier to deal with than in NGB. Might as well use the UF since it kills him quick. I only save twice but had plenty of time to save again so something to keep in mind.

Bigalski
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Bigalski » Tue Jun 25, 2019 2:30 pm

Chapter 15 and 16 are now up. I had a few people ask why make this series since the game is so old and the answer is to have high quality videos and good information out there. The game play isn't always the best but I think the rest stands for itself.

I decided to stay in CH14 to get extra points before moving into CH15 and didn't go through the town. I did add a scene of turning in all 50 scarabs though. The reward is the Ninja Gaiden disc you can play in Han's Bar and there's a 2 and 3 you can get on successive plays. Also you get the Dark Dragon Blade in Chapter 13 on a successive play. The top of the core boss fights are done with the low health UF and I needed every bit of its speed to make the end of chapter time limit.

For CH16, I showed the cheese way of killing Fiend Murai by spamming the Flying Swallow since that can't be done in NGB. After the final game scene, I added slides doing a scoring comparison with JTB123. He did a Successive Play Karma run so we thought it would be interesting to see the scoring differences. Although these were different runs with different goals, I must say that after seeing the kills and scores per chapter, it's pretty embarrassing how I got crushed but it was informative.

Thanks for watching and we'll see you in whatever NG project is next.

Bigalski
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: New NGB MM Quest for 50 Million Videos

Post by Bigalski » Sat Jul 06, 2019 5:55 am

This playlist contains all five phases of Path of the Master Ninja. My quest for 50 million has started so all of these have been beaten without the use of Elixirs or Ninpo on Master Ninja. I took the Mission Mode scores from six players who have broken 50 million and will use their Mission averages to help me determine a goal for each Mission. I accepted the first score I recorded that made my average for the Mission no matter if I could have done it better. Trust me, all of these can be done better. Farming for UT's is now the goal to increase my score compared to the other playlist. Thanks to JTB123 for doing the commentary with me.
JTB123
Incendiary Ninja
Incendiary Ninja

Post by JTB123 » Sat Jul 06, 2019 11:50 am

Great stuff Al, always fun to do these videos with you. :thumb:
Bigalski
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Bigalski » Tue Aug 06, 2019 1:32 pm

The Nightmarish Phantasms Playlist is up. I had some really good runs on NP2 and NP5 other than a few mistakes. The other 3 missions could be better but happy to make my average. The AL row is pure farming so it'll take some time before I get those up.
Bigalski
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Bigalski » Fri Aug 16, 2019 6:14 am

I'm taking a break as Borderlands 3 is coming out next month and I'm replaying BL2 to get back in the swing of things. I will be coming back to these NGB vids but just not sure when.