Some New Ninja Gaiden Very Hard Videos I'll Be Making (EDIT)

PLATFORM: Xbox, Xbox 360 (emulation); RELEASE: March 2004 (NGB: September 2005)

Moderator: TheGodfatherDictator

Bigalski
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Some New Ninja Gaiden Very Hard Videos I'll Be Making (EDIT)

Post by Bigalski » Mon Jan 15, 2018 2:30 pm

Since Xbox One released Ninja Gaiden Black and a whole new group of gamers are finding out what a fantastic game it is, I've decided to make a commentary walkthrough series with JTB123 on all storymode difficulties including all the Missions on Master Ninja. It's been over 10 years since my last NGB video so I'm a little rusty, a little older, a little grayer, and a lot slower but I think it'll be of fun as well as informative. I'll be fighting all the fights, making all the time limits, making end of chapter bonuses other than essence sometimes, and showing different ways to fight certain enemies and bosses including providing links to other players contrasting in a better way to what I'm doing. Obviously this is a huge endeavor and it's going to take some time but I think it'll be good for the game and the community to have some current videos. People can play however they want but the game is so much more than skipped fights, wall jumps, essence farming, and flying swallows IMO.

I know most of this is known to long time members of the board but this is for newer players or just to take a stroll down memory lane for the vets. Any suggestions or comments for these videos or future videos are welcomed.

Ninja Gaiden Black Normal Commentary Walkthrough Playlist -

*Since I finished my Normal run, I decided to edit the thread title and post nothing but Mission Mode videos. My goal during this series is to break 50 million in total karma doing whatever is necessary to accomplish it. In order to do that, I'll need to beat all the Missions on Master Ninja without using ninpo or supplies except of DotF5 and EL and then "farm" certain Missions for UT's. I'm 51 now and don't have the skill or reflexes I use too so if I need to wall jump or just XY the Clones, that's what I'll be doing. This is only about Karma, not Style. There will be two sets of videos so this is going to take a while. One will just be going through it and the second will be the farming version. There are certain missions that once I beat them, I'm done with which includes MD2, MD4, CG1, CG4, GotU5, and a few others. Like I did on my Normal series, I'll be adding links in the info section for each video that will give helpful information or show a current high score/no hurt on video run.

Other than my own personal goal, the main goal is to make current Master Ninja Mission Mode videos for the Xbox One and to hopefully help new players learn more about the game and beat all the Missions. JTB123 will be doing commentary with me on all the Missions. To the Vets, some of this will be old news but maybe some of it will informative too. He and I have a ton of fun and he is very well versed in this game and I still learn from him every time we record. Please check out his YouTube channel if you haven't done so already.

The first video is an introduction to Mission Mode and explains my plans, how things work, and gives a brief description for each mission. As always comments or questions are welcome.*

Intro to Mission Mode -

Path of the Master Ninja Playlist -

Nightmarish Phantasms Playlist -

Abysmal Lair Playlist -

Military Destruction Playlist -

Descent of the Fiends Playlist -

Captivating Goddesses Playlist -

Fateful Confrontation Playlist -

Battlefield of the Abyss Playlist -

Giants of the Underworld Playlist -

Eternal Legend Playlist -

Ninja Gaiden Very Hard Commentary Walkthrough Playlist -
reim0027
Administrator

Re: Some New Commentary Walkthrough Videos I'll Be Making

Post by reim0027 » Mon Jan 15, 2018 7:07 pm

Cool! I've been looking forward to these.
vmd50
Archfiend
Archfiend

Post by vmd50 » Mon Jan 15, 2018 7:21 pm

I'm really looking forward to the guide on Master Ninja. These dual commentaries are always entertaining.
reim0027
Administrator

Post by reim0027 » Wed Jan 17, 2018 2:34 am

Loved the videos! Brought back good (and not so good) memories. Can't wait for the next set.
Bigalski
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Bigalski » Wed Jan 17, 2018 7:13 am

VMD, it'll be a while before I get to Master Ninja but if you have any questions, feel free to ask and I'll make sure to incorporate them into that level. Thanks. We have a lot of fun doing them. Over the series, I hoping others will join in the commentary.

Thanks Reim. When I was deleting my CH1 to 5 files to move on, I also deleted my CH6 files, like a dumbass, so I have to record them all over. :facepalm2: Hopefully we can get some up by the weekend.
Bigalski
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Bigalski » Mon Jan 22, 2018 5:38 am

Chapter 6 and Chapter 7 are now up so I'll just add them to my first post. One thing I stress is make sure to have a save before it floods in Chapter 7 so you can go back if there's trouble. There are 30 save slots and players should use them to their advantage.
reim0027
Administrator

Post by reim0027 » Wed Jan 24, 2018 2:45 am

Awesome. I'll have to watch them later.
Kazama Jin
Shadow Imp Fiend
Shadow Imp Fiend

Post by Kazama Jin » Wed Jan 24, 2018 3:14 pm

Nice! I'm gonna go through these when I get time this weekend
Luckrequired
Ninja Lucky Pants
Ninja Lucky Pants
Location: British Headquarters of The International Dojo of Ninjas

Post by Luckrequired » Fri Jan 26, 2018 1:09 am

O ho ho ho goodie! I'll watch these over the weekend, too. Add more Rachel thumbnails, BA. 8p
Seldon
Incendiary Ninja
Incendiary Ninja

Post by Seldon » Fri Jan 26, 2018 3:02 am

Awesome vids, I love the commentary and I like seeing different ways to get through fights!

Blooper reel was great!!!
reim0027
Administrator

Post by reim0027 » Sat Jan 27, 2018 8:58 pm

Nice to see you trying fights with no UTs. Those zombies bring back memories. Especially on NG VH.
Bigalski
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Bigalski » Sun Jan 28, 2018 12:56 am

Glad you guys are enjoying them. It's been a blast from the past and fun.

LR, I'm making my own thumbnails which is basically the "boss" for that chapter. Maybe for my Master Ninja run, I'll use all Rachel. :D

Reim, that was just to show there's another way but it's never been my play style so I'm back to my old ways moving forward. :razz: Kazama Jin would be the perfect player for a no UT run but some of those time limits would be hard to make.
reim0027
Administrator

Post by reim0027 » Mon Jan 29, 2018 1:31 am

Sounds like a challenge to Kazama. Hard mode, all time limits, no UT.
Massaca
Splatter Witch
Location: Free "Prisoner" at the Demon King's Castle (NSW, Aussieland)

Post by Massaca » Mon Jan 29, 2018 3:19 am

I thought that was impossible? Something about them being bugged?
Bigalski
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Bigalski » Mon Jan 29, 2018 3:54 am

Chapter 8 and Chapter 9 are now up. Remember to go back thru town in Chapter 8 to make your kills and the best place to essence farm in the game on Normal without it costing you any time bonus is at the beginning of Chapter 9. The enemies are just not worth enough throughout the game up to this point to make sure you can safely get the UF in Chapter 10. Depending on how much you want to save throughout Chapter 9, you could farm up to 10 minutes since the time limit is 28 minutes long. Each pass is worth 2100 in essence.

Reim, maybe with ET's it could be done but I was talking about Normal. Hard is a whole other issue. I know he likes doing runs like that but I was not making it a challenge for him to do it, just that it would be a challenge as in tough to do it if that makes sense. LOL
reim0027
Administrator

Post by reim0027 » Sun Feb 04, 2018 2:40 am

You're getting better with the bow. I remember your other videos "I suck with the bow". I'm too used to seeing these done with the WH and Dabi. Looks strange to see you using the VF.
Bigalski
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Bigalski » Sun Feb 04, 2018 12:02 pm

You remember that? LOL I still suck with it so I cheat a bit now that I'm older and slower. :whistle2: I put a small little sticker on my TV and the target always lines up with the bow wherever I'm aiming. The misses you see are me still sucking. :oops:

I wanted to be a little different so I'm trying out the Flails. Chapter 10 and bloopers out tomorrow.
reim0027
Administrator

Post by reim0027 » Mon Feb 05, 2018 2:12 am

That's exactly what I did for my bow aiming too.
Bigalski
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Bigalski » Mon Feb 05, 2018 10:20 am

Chapter 10 and my next blooper video are up. Chapter 10 has a lot of useful information in it about fighting the bosses different ways, making extra enemies spawn, benefits of understanding movement, a fun and different way to do a fiend challenge, as well as helpful links in the info section including Kelll's superb Chapter 10 karma runs.
reim0027
Administrator

Post by reim0027 » Tue Feb 06, 2018 2:04 am

Can't wait to see the blooper reel.
reim0027
Administrator

Post by reim0027 » Sun Feb 11, 2018 12:21 am

I don't know if you already mentioned it, but for the rats you snipe, you need to wait until you hear them dissolve before opening the door. I loved that UF Paz Zuu fight. Looks too easy.
Bigalski
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Bigalski » Sun Feb 11, 2018 12:12 pm

That's true for most of the rats but in CH10, you don't for some reason. I really like that combo on PZ. It works great on Spirit Doku in Sigma.
reim0027
Administrator

Post by reim0027 » Mon Feb 12, 2018 2:08 am

Really? Not for Ch 10? I always did it for that chapter. Guess I didn't need to.
Bigalski
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Bigalski » Mon Feb 12, 2018 12:14 pm

Chapter 11 is up and it's still as boring as ever. Show a few ways to fight Doku and did the Chapter 8 fights from the Monastery in this chapter since I have Celerity. Keep an eye on your chapter time if people decide to do those fights here.

Put a link to my Blooper Fish video in the info section since it's a funny watch. Scared the crap out of me when it happened. LOL
vmd50
Archfiend
Archfiend

Post by vmd50 » Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:59 am

I liked the Ch 11 video. The commentary made the chapter much more interesting to watch.