Describe your first experience with this game

PLATFORM: Xbox, Xbox 360 (emulation); RELEASE: March 2004 (NGB: September 2005)

Moderator: TheGodfatherDictator

reim0027
Administrator

Describe your first experience with this game

Post by reim0027 » Sun Aug 17, 2014 7:54 pm

Since may of us started this adventure by playing NGB or NGO, describe your first experience with it.

I rented NGB because I played the NES versions (all 3) and beat them. I was so proud. I wanted a hard, but fair game. So, I rented it to check it out. I played it and got my ass kicked on Murai, over and over. I finally made it to Ch 4. I had to return the game. I bought it soon after.

At Ch 4, the music really creeped me out (still does). I gave up going through the maze, nothing opening, not knowing where to go (I get lost very very easily in games). So, I went online and printed out a guide. It wasn't perfect, but it told me where to go and about the bosses.

I don't remember how I found about about iberiansngrealm, but when I did, my skills exploded. I remember when I finally beat MN. I needed to take a picture of the EoC score to prove it (and get my Master Ninja rank). I was so excited that my hands were trembling. No other game gave me as much satisfaction as beating NGB on MN.

Unfortunately, none of the other NG games gave me that excitement when I beat them either. Not because they are bad or easy. But, I know I will be able to beat them. I'm comfortable in my NG skills that I now it is only a matter of time and learning the AI and the game will be beaten.
JTB123
Incendiary Ninja
Incendiary Ninja

Re: Describe your first experience with this game

Post by JTB123 » Sun Aug 17, 2014 8:32 pm

I still remember seeing NG04 on a shelf in a HMV store, it was a few weeks before my 16th birthday and my PS2 had recently kicked the bucket so I decided to get an X-box to try out some exclusives, purchased NG and it ended up being the last game I tried. Needless to say my xbox didn't see many any other games for the next few months.

I still remember playing the first chapter and getting absolutely stomped by Murai, the first boss handing your arse to you hadn't happened to me before. I remember playing all the way until Alma on my first play of the game, can't quite remember why I stopped playing at her :bolt:

NG04 was a landmark game for me in a few ways as I remember it was the first game since DMC1 where I had to start over to get past something, which was Alma on very hard, I remember spending a solid night attempting it and just had to realise there was no way I was going to pull it off with the supplies I had. Unfortunately I never had XBL at that age and missed out on the HP's so I didn't end up selling my soul to NG until Black hit the world.

I still remember furiously hunting around my local city centre the morning of NGB's release to find a copy, this was back when you couldn't walk 20 feet without tripping over a game store. As chance would have it, I found a copy in the same HMV store where I picked up NG04 the year before, I bought it, got the bus home and put it in my X-box. I remember thinking it felt faster, more responsive, I couldn't believe how good it felt to just play the game. Played right though up to hard mode and mission mode over the course of a few days, I can still remember discovering master ninja mode was added :laugh:

I found iberians through gameFAQS, I was pretty into Halo 3 at the time and visited those boards and thought "Hey, wonder what's happening over on the NGB boards" this is where I first found that I wasn't half bad at NG but seeing guys like PSaran, Trentsteel, RazorRamon, Platinum and Kyoiri I knew I wanted to be better, I guess you could say the rest is history but no game holds such memories for me like NGB.

The things this game has led to are truly amazing and I find it quite daunting at times when I think just how much of an impact picking up that copy almost ten years ago has had on my life. At this year's final round tournament in Atlanta, someone actually recognised my voice and the name JTB123 and said "are you JTB the Ninja Gaiden player?" and I was absolutely stunned. Playing a game and putting videos on the internet made someone recognise me from half way across the world :surprise:

Long live NGB :beers:
ShreddyBobby
Ninja Gaiden 2
Ninja Gaiden 2

Post by ShreddyBobby » Sun Aug 17, 2014 8:36 pm

First thoughts: OMG I'm a ninja! :razz:

I played NGO first. I instantly fell in love with the combat. I was a big Dead or Alive 2 fan and Ryu was my favourite character so I said I'd check out a game with him as a lead character. I also loved how the ninja fortress looked, it was like something straight out of a martial arts movie. Murai was a cruel teacher and lets you know you are in for a rough ride.
I loved how fluid Ryu was. Running up walls, swinging along branches. Team Ninja just nailed how to be a badass ninja.

The open world aspect was something I dearly missed from later NGs.
julius-ruler4
Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge
Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge

Post by julius-ruler4 » Sun Aug 17, 2014 9:58 pm

I started playing NGO in 2005 when my middle sister bought her XBOX, we kept getting wooped by Murai (she called him Homie, LOL) and eventually my little brother found how to defeat him on NGO in just 15 seconds. Afterwards I tried it myself and it fabulously worked for me.

When I reached Chapter 4 I was quite lost at first, but all by all it worked out pretty good since I learned how to play this game from better NG players in my neighbourhood. I completed the game for the first time in 2007, then my sister handed the xbox over to me and I exploited that time to improve my skills even more (still not perfect, but it will come in time). I then did Hard and that was easier then I expected it would be. VH on NGO took me 2 months to complete it after using JTB's arrow and arse-kicking loop (I was laughing a lot when I saw it but I was so happy I got those 10k points)

When I heared about the Hurricane packs, my sister tried this several times but never got to the first save. I asked someone to try it and he got 794k at the first save since he had such control over Ryu all those years ago. That save was set on hold and my xbox went away for at least 4 years. Then BB showed his HP1 run and I decided to give it a go again. never made it to 35 million but anyway, my friend did the opening move. I might have a save left on that xbox but now it belongs to my little brother who keeps playing NG2 now on the 360.

I first played NGB in 2012, and tried to get as much points as I could get on Hard (very dissapointing to be honest, only got 16 million after seeing Bigalski's vids on youtube).

Generaly said: I love those "Itagaki" games, since he is called a genius for creating a game where CPU's actually exploit I-frames, invincibility frames and weak spots. My experience on this game is that I can never stop playing those.
Luckrequired
Ninja Lucky Pants
Ninja Lucky Pants
Location: British Headquarters of The International Dojo of Ninjas

Post by Luckrequired » Sun Aug 17, 2014 10:53 pm

You trying to make us feel old Reim?!

Honestly, I can't remember it too well. I was-still am a huge Devil May Cry fan and wanted something similarly challenging to master. I played the Ninja Gaiden arcade game - the one like Double Dragon, but nothing else.

I bought the game after reading online either on Gamefaqs or Hand Vs Eye about a ninja game that was rock hard. After reading scaremongering accounts of its difficulty I found out what it was called and pick it up new off eBay. Ahh, new manual smell. The game had many things going for it: it was fast and unforgiving; looked beautiful and had moody music; and Rachel. :eyebrow:

I couldn't get past Murai, went back to Gamefaqs and followed the breadcrumbs to Iberians.

I still identify the first level with IberianWarrior - I think it was his sig or avatar. And while there I met all you lovely people. It was the nicest, friendliest, most welcoming site I'd ever been to. Then I showed up. Haha.

I got tips on how to beat Murai then attempted to finish the rest of the game myself. It was the mission mode that kept me coming back for the tutorials and guides. Everyone has BigAl's "Hello everyone" burned into their memory. I only ever got 47-49 million. So close yet so far!

Ninja Gaiden is still one of the best games I have ever played and it will always be a cherished memory.
TimmyGun
Wasp Fiend
Wasp Fiend

Post by TimmyGun » Mon Aug 18, 2014 12:19 am

Great topic idea Reim.

The Ninja Gaiden franchise was entirely new to me when I came across rave reviews for NGB all over the web. I bought an Xbox specifically to play this game.

I was immediately struck by the fluid animation; the visceral, satisfying sound effects; the beauty of the Ninja Fortress.

By the time I reached the trap-door room, I was literally laughing out loud with glee. My heart was pounding, my eyes were watering. 15 minutes in, the game was already one of my all time favourites.

The combat felt immaculate, and exhilarating as all hell. I stayed in that area, repeatedly taking on those 4 White Ninja plus 8 Brown Ninja for a good hour. Until my brother called me from the kitchen, "Tea's ready Tim!"

Only one game since then has blown my mind to the same extent. PlatinumGames' "Vanquish".
Puregrunt
Administrator

Post by Puregrunt » Mon Aug 18, 2014 3:44 am

Occasionally i get stopped in the street by Fans and asked for an Autograph, but i mostly wear dark glasses and a hoodie to conceal my Ninja celeb status. When i went to buy Razor's Edge there were a few 12 year old girls screaming and going nuts :laugh2: :silly:

I remember clearly to this day how it all came to be. I was working in EB Games as a salesman when i saw the NG trailer being played on the Xbox stand. It had Ryu facing off against Paz Zuu. I was intrigued and shortly after i traded in my PSX and bought the Xbox and a copy of NG. I was pretty shit, but i could finish all modes up to VH, which was the max difficulty, until NGB came out with the MN difficulty. I had little clue about karma scoring, for me it was all about survival.

I was a member of a forum at the time called Neoseeker, it still exists today. It was there i met Dark Hazuki. I went looking for a dedicated Ninja Gaiden forum and found the Tecmo site. It was there i met the core "founders" if you will. Sneh, Weibull760, Captain Tuttle, Dippronne, Iberian Warrior, Deepblu3, Saryah and Bigalski. It was there on that forum that Iberian Warrior decided to create Iberians NG Realm. These guys were the greats. Saryah and Tuttle were very competitive, always dominating HP2, Tuttle being the first to break 5 million. I played a bit of HP2 myself!

By the time NGB came out most of us had migrated to IW's, IIRC that's when i told Dark Hazuki to join and essentially that was the course of events that lead to the Archives being created. It's crazy when you look back at it. When NGB was in it's "Golden Era" that's when you saw the likes of JTB, Trentsteel, Platinum, Kyoiori, Razor Ramon, Randomize (what ever happened to that guy?), Patrask, Edge Aom come out of the woodwork. Truly some fine NG players.

It was NGB's mission mode that kept it alive for so long. It was just so damn good. It had extreme re-playability. Everybody enjoyed the competitive play. It was especially enjoyable watching Platinum and Tuttle go at it! Bigalski had a a lot of excellent karma runs with commentary that i think really paved the way for others to do commentary, and it's been one of the best additions from any player IMO.

I was hooked on the combat, and the learning curve is just so much that you get a little better each time. It had near perfect balance and was generally very rewarding. My favorite was HP2 and then Eternal Legend. If it weren't for the NG franchise i would have never met so many awesome people from all around the world, and for that, i am grateful :thumb:
mickstupp
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by mickstupp » Mon Aug 18, 2014 8:36 am

I first heard about NGO when I was a regular reader of EDGE. They gave it a 9, which at the time was pretty damn rare for that magazine. Until that point they'd only ever given three 10s. Their review (http://www.edge-online.com/review/ninja-gaiden-review/) sold me on first read. And I re-read that review a tonne of times in the time until I got the game. The talk of difficulty, the incredible graphics.

When I got the game I got my ass handed to me pretty much immediately. Through brute force button mashing I got myself to Tairon. Just couldn't deal with those dinosaurs.

Then NGB came out and I heard about the improvements. I had to get it, but this time I went looking for guides and help and saw a post mentioning IWs forum. Joined there in December 2005 and never looked back. It was Bigalski's awesome videos that helped me complete the game the first time. He made everything look doable to someone who was well out of their depth with this sort of game. I was a driving game guy, first person shooters. The limit of my experience with third person action games was pretty much Tomb Raider. So I completed the game with Bigalski's help and moved on to Hard mode.

It was in Hard mode that I met one of my most enjoyable gaming challenges yet. And I came back to it again and again and again. I loved every second of it. Due to various issues, one being that I'm not very good, two being I have constant pain in my hands, I couldn't get through Very Hard mode, but I was satisfied with Hard. That Archive challenge. Pure Gaming Bliss.

And after a while, having gained confidence with NGB I went back to NGO and learned that I loved it even more now. That laser sword.

So... forever grateful that I saw that EDGE review. Forever grateful to Bigalski for those videos, and to everyone I met on IWs for help and tips and more. And forever grateful that we're still knocking about, that I've met people I can call friends.
Xx-SKULL-ONE-xX
Lesser Imp Fiend
Lesser Imp Fiend

Post by Xx-SKULL-ONE-xX » Mon Aug 18, 2014 8:51 am

Played a copy of NGO my brother picked up on release while in university. It was so good we skipped classes for the next three days just to play. As a Miyazaki fan I especially got a kick out of the airship level. I took a break then from gaming in general, my brother had been playing NG 2 for awhile and I finally played it. Got the bug again, but this time I got serious. Made my way from G faqs to Iberians and with the communities help I beat it in MNM, then bought a ps3 just for sigma and sigma 2 and proceeded to do the same to them. I ended up getting through VH with little trouble on black, but lost all my data when I migrated to a new 360. I will crush MNM in black one day. That damn backlog...
Ninja Noob
Vigoorian Berserker
Vigoorian Berserker

Post by Ninja Noob » Mon Aug 18, 2014 2:29 pm

I think I discovered the existence of NGO at my cousins place, I think it was 2004/2005, really can't remember. He said it was an awesome game but the difficulty made it impossible to complete. I thought: "what a loser", and wanted to demonstrate him I coul'd play through it without effort. I was into 90's arcade games and PS2 action games at that time and felt pretty much comfortable with my skills, that were and actually ARE bad (what a loser). However, while I was platforming to ninja fortress, the console crashed and showed the red circle of death (LOL).

So, I was very disappointed and became a lot curious about the game, but I wasn't actually planning to buy an XBOX for it and wasn't aware of youtube existence assumed it yet existed at that time. So I thought I'd skipped that and concentrate on the good titles I had on my console.

Then, my brother get an xbox 360 for its graduation at university (don't know the english word :D ) as a gift from his friends, but since he never actually played it I simply get my hands on it and played Assassin's Creed and other things I really don't remember, mostly hack'n'slash games. When NG2 came out for 360 I was very much bored because I remember that no other game really get my attention for whatever reason (I was very random on game tastes at that time), read a review of NG2 and I thought I coul'd like it.

Bought it, started on Warrior diff I think, and the first thing that impressed me was the incredible amount of moves I coul'd pull out with the DS, on the grund, on the walls, wall runinng, jumping, those lovely dismemberments, OT's etc.
Second thing that impressed me was that the game was brutally difficult from the first second. I wasn't aware of most of the core mechanics of the game so I was kicked immediately. I don't have much records of the first chapter, I remember that part with mutilated guys to teach you how to OT, remember some trouble with the archers. Chapter 2: frustration in the talons chamber: "those guys that made this game were crazy". I think I actually didn't get the rod of trials for whatever reason. Finally randomly beat Genshin.

Chapter three was like a nightmare of anxiety, desperation and frustration. Didn't mention I didn't actually used UT's for the entire playthrough because I wasn't able to find a reliable way to charge them (and they are pretty easy to charge in NG2... what a loser :D ). I wasn't aware of FS into ID of the Talons either, it was DS ID all day, and some ninpo's here and there. I beat Gigadeth after a lot of tries, by pure luck/randomness, without ut's, don't remember how I did it and I sucked badly at bow. I can't really belive I didn't give up at that stupid piece of... garbage.

So, at the last section before Alexei I finally gave up, probably because I wasn't able to figure out that I had to bird flip to the next floor, and I was pretty well frustrated already. I LOVED that game with all his flashy moves, the gore that was just right and actually belivable, the sound affects, the voices, but I was too ignorant about the mechanics so I just thought it was too hard and maybe a little badly balanced. Don't know why I just refused to search and learn more about game mechanics, I simply have had einough about that game, it was just like I was confidently walking in the street and get surrounded and beat by a group of large foes, and the beating seemed endless.

November 2011: let's try NG1! Maybe is more suited for me than NG2, this time I'll make the required effort to learn the game, I swear! So I searched for a cheap copy on ebay, discovered the existence of NGB, acknowledged myself about the differences from NGO, and bought it. Belive me: NGB kicked my arse in a worst manner than NG2! I couldn't get to the first boss.

This time I tried to search for more detailed info about the game, I think I ended up first on Iberian NG Realm, which was actually down, then I found Ninja Archives, but had troubles registering. Then tried the gamefaqs boards. So, on NGB Gfaqs board I met Marsbar and Murphy's Ghost, they actually teach me to play, suggested strategy, videos, and help me register at Archives. Thanks to these and other wonderful guys like JTB, Iraquoz, Reim and many others I lernt to play NGB and NG2 and unbelivably beat both at their hardest difficulty setting. NGB was actually harder to me than NG2, and still it is in some ways. I actually took a break from it in january 2012 on Very Hard, then cleared it on november 2012 or 2013, I shoul'd check on the topic, but I played a lot of Dark Souls inbetween. I started playing NG2 on January 2014, took a break on MNM, then actually cleared it one or two months ago. My actual copy of NG2 is the copy that beat me severly on 2008, what a sweet revenge...
Royta
Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2
Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2

Post by Royta » Mon Aug 18, 2014 6:34 pm

It's a pretty weird love-hatred affair that I have with this particular game, even going as far as influencing my personal life and becoming something I hang on my wall with proud because there's history to that game and me.
Read on ninja brother!

I once platinumed Vanquish and was beyond proud, especially since I did it in 1 week and 1 day. Then a friend said "here, borrow this game from me. Try to platinum that".
He was as hardcore to the bone as I wanted to be, so I said "sure"! The name of the game was Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2.

I hated it at first, then loved it. It took a while to get used to the combat ( I barely played any games in my now favorite genre ). After getting the Platinum I tried to hunt down Sigma1.
I had fallen in love with Sigma 2's combat, the speed of things but also the emphasis on defense, knowing when to strike and learning the complex patterns of all the bosses.

I played the demo of Sigma1 and loved every second of it. To the point of doing a No-Ninpo/No-UT run with just Nun-Chucks on Master Ninja for kicks in the demo. Then I bought the full game and just ... well ... I hated it. It was way more open worldly then Sigma 2 and eh. Didn't like it. Way too slow, hated that you had to learn things like Counter and Swallow. Hated.

Tons of months/years later I tried it again and loved it all out of nowhere. I was looking for a much slower game at the time to recover from the rush from Metal Gear Rising.
It was insanely satisfying and I played it for days on end. But then it hit me.
I was at the time working freelance and in dire need of money. I had scored a good (one time) job as an illustrator for the Water Administration of City Hall..but was low on resources. My ink supplies were nearly dry (easy 60 - 80 bucks right there) and I didn't have the paper I needed (300 gr. special coated paper, costs more then 1 buck per sheet). I was looking at nearly 100 bucks to spend with 3000 to gain from the assignment. But I had nothing.

So I swallowed my love. And sold games I knew would sell well; I sold the game I loved most at that time, Sigma 1, for a whopping 40 bucks (apparently it was really rare at the time in our country). But I promised I'd get my copy back.
And I did. A year later and I'm a full time Art-Director, I have a good solid income. And I tracked down the person who bought it from me and told him I wanted my game back. I had to pay him 60 bucks (the jerk).
But I did it. And my copy was mine again.

Few months later I finally caved and bought a 360 with NGO, NGB and NG2. I popped in NGO and it didn't take me long to realize just how much better this game was then the PS3 remake.
And though I now love NGO and NGB more then Sigma, Sigma still has a special place in my heart.

Because it reminds me of a pretty rough time, and also that I survived.

And that's what Ninja Gaiden is about.
Murphy's Ghost
Dark Dragon Incarnate
Dark Dragon Incarnate

Post by Murphy's Ghost » Wed Aug 20, 2014 6:41 am

My first experience of this game was hearing about it on the DMC1 boards back in the day, that maybe this game was better, etc. Lots of arguing about DMC vs. Ninja Gaiden, and I was frustrated that I couldn't try NG to compare them.

I was witness to a lot of bitter arguments without being able to have an opinion, because I never had an Xbox. Then DMC3 came out and I was still hearing about this fabled Ninja Gaiden Black game. When I watched videos of it online, it was odd- a lot of the vids I saw were of mission mode, and the player would be going to the menu to switch weapons frequently. I wasn't sure of what I was watching, or if I liked it.

In the winter of '07/'08, I skidded off the road on the way to a friend's house in a winter storm and my truck was trapped in 6+ feet of snow off the side of the road. Tow companies refused to get my truck out of there so I brought a few friends down and we dug my truck out. For that, I bought my friend (who had the sort of central 'hang out' house at the time) an Xbox + Halo CE and NGB.

We had a good time with NGB, never even tried Halo CE as far as I remember. Within a couple months he got the ps3 + Call of Duty 4 and Ninja Gaiden Sigma, so he gave me the Xbox + NGB and Halo CE back. And holy shit did I have a blast with those two titles... it was that level of enjoyment that convinced me to buy a 360 + NG2 that June... and the rest is history. :D
Patrask
Shadow Imp Fiend
Shadow Imp Fiend

Post by Patrask » Wed Aug 20, 2014 6:51 pm

A friend of mine showed me the original NG, the last part of chapter 3. Looked kinda cool, gameplay-wise, but a bit like an arcade game ("fight regular enemies for a while, face boss, win or start over") which is something I've never been into. Didn't even bother trying it out. A few months later that same friend showed me two videos of NG:B, someone facing Alma and AA. Think it was someone named Kip? Maybe? Anyway. He convinced me to try it out as it was already on my Xbox. (Because, you know, being 15 and broke I figured getting a harddrive installed was the best investment if I actually wanted more than like two games. :picard: For the record, I eventually tracked down and bought a copy.)

Struggled my way through Normal, reading a guide on GameFAQ's to help out with the puzzles as I was and still am impatient, and then trough hard mode. Signed up on IW's around this time, too. Beating MN for the first time was one of the best moments of my gaming-life. And then did it all over again just for the hell of it. And again, and again. I had 900 hours logged before I even thought about trying to improve this "karma" everyone was speaking about. So many nights spent dicking about, falling asleep and waking to the cinematic that would play if you spent too much time on the title screen...

So far, it is the only game I've managed to sink thousands of hours into trying to improve myself and loving almost every moment of it. I doubt I'll ever get that feeling from another game. :thumb:
Ninja Noob
Vigoorian Berserker
Vigoorian Berserker

Post by Ninja Noob » Wed Aug 20, 2014 7:54 pm

Cool stories bros, keep this going, it's so inspiring!
reim0027
Administrator

Post by reim0027 » Thu Aug 21, 2014 3:19 am

You, looking back, I only beat MN once. IDK why. I spent the rest of the time doing MM, Karma Run (Hard mode), and the like. Then NG2 came out, and I was in love. I beat MN mode probably 10 times. 5 of them with OLB (one of them OLB and no items).
vmd50
Archfiend
Archfiend

Post by vmd50 » Thu Aug 21, 2014 7:41 pm

First time i found out about NG was an ad for NGS on an issue of Gameinformer. I played the demo first and felt like it was pretty difficult, but a fun challenge.
For NGB, i played it after beating sigma about 3 times already, but was surprised by the differences in the games, even excluding the fact that there are Rachel chapters not present in this one. Even on ND, beating the game felt like an accomplishment. Then i eventually worked my way up and beat MN with the help of Gulliver's guide.
FullSpe3D
Ninja Gaiden 2
Ninja Gaiden 2

Post by FullSpe3D » Thu Aug 21, 2014 10:53 pm

My first experience wasn't with NGB, it was with NG2 but whatever.

Don't remember much, but I got it back in '08 for some reason and I ended up ragequitting vs Ch.2 Genshin on Acolyte because I didn't know how to dodge, my only form of evasion was jumping and you all know how well that works vs Genshin...

I don't sell games, so I picked it up again in late '12 when looking through my games. I actually learnt how to play properly and loved it. The reason I ended up on this site is because I was bored and looking through NC's next to me on the leaderboard. I had (and still have) Ultraviol3nt next to me on the karma board, I watched his NC then looked at his Xbox profile and saw a link to this site. After seeing him destroy everything in Survival it was an obvious move to join here if I wanted to learn how to improve and beat MN Mission Mode which I was struggling with at the time.

Bought NGB after that and obviously I wasn't failing horribly at it because I'd already done NG2 MN with all ToV's.
Although on my first playthrough I did hoard LotTG's thinking they gave a full health refill like NG2. Alma finally made me use one and then I felt incredibly stupid when I realised I'd been playing with OLB for no reason :picard:
Bigalski
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Bigalski » Sat Aug 23, 2014 9:22 am

Man I could write a book about my whole NG life experience but since the topic asks for my first one, I'll be brief.

I bought NGO in 2004, struggled quite a bit to beat it on normal, hated the whole experience and traded it in. It wasn't until May 2005 that some guys in my college classes said I should try it again, so I rebought NGO, signed up at Gamefaqs per the recommendation of my pool playing buddy, saw guys there that would eventually form IW's in Nov 2005, and the rest is history.

It still amazing to me that a game that came out over 10 years ago led to a forum that started almost 9 years ago and I'm still fortunate enough to this day to have the pleasure of meeting some of the great people in this awesome series.
Ninja Noob
Vigoorian Berserker
Vigoorian Berserker

Post by Ninja Noob » Sun Aug 24, 2014 10:44 am

Bigalski wrote:Man I could write a book about my whole NG life experience
...and it sounds like a fantastic idea! I think you and/or other NG long date players shoul'd try to produce at least an e-book or some kind of document for NG fans to read, it woul'd be great.

Edit: and what do you think about a whole filmed documentary/movie???
Bigalski
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Bigalski » Mon Aug 25, 2014 12:42 am

Ninja Noob wrote:
Bigalski wrote:Man I could write a book about my whole NG life experience
...and it sounds like a fantastic idea! I think you and/or other NG long date players shoul'd try to produce at least an e-book or some kind of document for NG fans to read, it woul'd be great.

Edit: and what do you think about a whole filmed documentary/movie???

I was planning on making an original NG video series on VH since this is the 10 year anniversary and get guest commentators for each chapter. The idea was to ask them questions about how they got into the game and so on but none of the original guys wanted to do it so I dropped the idea. I thought it would be fantastic but they either didn't want to take the time to do it or didn't have the interest in the game anymore. It's sad in a way as hearing thoughts from Shinobier, Captain Tuttle, and others would have been very cool.

I like that idea but only if George Clooney or Brad Pitt would play me. :laugh:
Puregrunt
Administrator

Post by Puregrunt » Mon Aug 25, 2014 12:58 am

Bigalski wrote:I like that idea but only if George Clooney or Brad Pitt would play me. :laugh:

:laugh2: :thumb:
Ninja Noob
Vigoorian Berserker
Vigoorian Berserker

Post by Ninja Noob » Mon Aug 25, 2014 2:19 am

Murphy's Ghost
Dark Dragon Incarnate
Dark Dragon Incarnate

Post by Murphy's Ghost » Mon Aug 25, 2014 3:45 am

^ This is legendary... :laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2:
JTB123
Incendiary Ninja
Incendiary Ninja

Post by JTB123 » Mon Aug 25, 2014 8:53 am

Ninja Noob wrote:Image
This is godlike :laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2:
Bigalski
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Bigalski » Mon Aug 25, 2014 9:13 am

Ninja Noob wrote:Image

:ninjacool: That's awesome!! Funny but yet I can kind of see it happening now. :think: