Mission Mode Videos: High Scores , Speed Runs , No Hurt Runs (20/10/2018) 56.2 Mill on Video!

PLATFORM: Xbox, Xbox 360 (emulation); RELEASE: March 2004 (NGB: September 2005)

Moderator: TheGodfatherDictator

User avatar
sneh
Administrator
Posts: 569
Joined: Mon Nov 14, 2011 4:28 am

Re: Mission Mode Videos: High Scores , Speed Runs , No Hurt Runs (08/09/2018) 55.5 Mill on video!

Post by sneh » Sat Sep 22, 2018 4:39 am

reim0027 wrote:
Fri Sep 21, 2018 12:26 pm
Hey Sneh! Welcome back!
Image
User avatar
Bigalski
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 471
Joined: Sun Aug 07, 2011 2:20 am

Re: Mission Mode Videos: High Scores , Speed Runs , No Hurt Runs (08/09/2018) 55.5 Mill on video!

Post by Bigalski » Sat Sep 22, 2018 12:55 pm

Glad to see you back Sneh. Looking forward to you making some new GotU5 videos.!! =)
User avatar
sneh
Administrator
Posts: 569
Joined: Mon Nov 14, 2011 4:28 am

Re: Mission Mode Videos: High Scores , Speed Runs , No Hurt Runs (08/09/2018) 55.5 Mill on video!

Post by sneh » Sun Sep 23, 2018 3:48 am

Bigalski wrote:
Sat Sep 22, 2018 12:55 pm
Glad to see you back Sneh. Looking forward to you making some new GotU5 videos.!! =)
Thanks Bigalski. I've never been great at Ishtaros , kinda why pretty much the only GotU5 vids I used to do were speed runs spamming wall attacks with the DDB against her :) My 40 second GotU5 still stands :D
User avatar
Bigalski
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 471
Joined: Sun Aug 07, 2011 2:20 am

Re: Mission Mode Videos: High Scores , Speed Runs , No Hurt Runs (08/09/2018) 55.5 Mill on video!

Post by Bigalski » Sun Sep 23, 2018 2:03 pm

You killed her just fine in the videos I've seen with just the TDS. :thumb: I wasn't asking for speed or karma runs, just new ones of you beating it with the Xbox One graphics. No pressure...... :razz:
User avatar
TheGodfatherDictator
Flawless Ninja
Flawless Ninja
Posts: 158
Joined: Tue Jul 26, 2011 5:53 pm

Re: Mission Mode Videos: High Scores , Speed Runs , No Hurt Runs (08/09/2018) 55.5 Mill on video!

Post by TheGodfatherDictator » Sun Sep 23, 2018 3:01 pm

Bigalski wrote:
Sun Sep 23, 2018 2:03 pm
You killed her just fine in the videos I've seen with just the TDS. :thumb: I wasn't asking for speed or karma runs, just new ones of you beating it with the Xbox One graphics. No pressure...... :razz:
I pretty much understand why I never bothered for this mission no damage, I did it recently on normal,hard, very hard to unlock MN. And I feel simply Ishtaros is just a very bad boss to combine with anyone. While Nicchae has many dodgeable move that you can either bird flip or wall run( the skulls throw ) / roll jump or simply run (orbs) BUT on the other hand Ishtaros only has guard break move pretty much, so she just doesn't fit at all in term of patterns. So I may try the mission NH at some point but I feel you need one hell of a cooperating Ishtaros to make it happen, which I doubt I will ever see that. The run that was it was RazorRamon long ago, with spam DDB attack actually took down Nicchae no damage but he chocked on Ishtaros, I honestly wish he had succeeded this way I could've avoided trying that nightmare mission :flame:
User avatar
JTB123
Incendiary Ninja
Incendiary Ninja
Posts: 536
Joined: Wed Jul 27, 2011 3:43 pm
Location: England

Re: Mission Mode Videos: High Scores , Speed Runs , No Hurt Runs (08/09/2018) 55.5 Mill on video!

Post by JTB123 » Tue Sep 25, 2018 8:19 pm

Updated OP and included this run I got just now, tempted to try and beat that 1.7 mill I have for MD5 but man the amount of things that can go wrong in this mission is insane. Worth a redo as you literally couldn't make out the numbers in my old vid :silly2:

User avatar
TheGodfatherDictator
Flawless Ninja
Flawless Ninja
Posts: 158
Joined: Tue Jul 26, 2011 5:53 pm

Re: Mission Mode Videos: High Scores , Speed Runs , No Hurt Runs (08/09/2018) 55.5 Mill on video!

Post by TheGodfatherDictator » Tue Sep 25, 2018 8:36 pm

JTB123 wrote:
Tue Sep 25, 2018 8:19 pm
Updated OP and included this run I got just now, tempted to try and beat that 1.7 mill I have for MD5 but man the amount of things that can go wrong in this mission is insane. Worth a redo as you literally couldn't make out the numbers in my old vid :silly2:

Great job JTB, I myself have a 1,174,XXX for DotF4( we'll see if I can beat Randomize HS there), did a 703k GotU1 NO hurt at the same time, Randomize must've been very lucky with this one, I don't think I will push GotU1 for WR because Doku is too annoying to farm in a consistant way. Also did a 959k on BotA2 , but I think I can close on 1 million with more luck we'll see how it goes.
User avatar
TheGodfatherDictator
Flawless Ninja
Flawless Ninja
Posts: 158
Joined: Tue Jul 26, 2011 5:53 pm

Re: Mission Mode Videos: High Scores , Speed Runs , No Hurt Runs (08/09/2018) 55.6 Mill on video!

Post by TheGodfatherDictator » Wed Sep 26, 2018 2:19 pm



BotA2: 982,835. run could be improve,need a lot of RNG, but I might go back to it in the future, once I finish clearing most of the no damage stuff.
kelll
Pillbug
Pillbug
Posts: 17
Joined: Sat Dec 22, 2012 9:45 pm

Re: Mission Mode Videos: High Scores , Speed Runs , No Hurt Runs (26/09/2018) 55.6 Mill on video!

Post by kelll » Thu Oct 04, 2018 11:43 am

Is there any other way i can watch sneh PotMN3 video? i can't watch it on youtube cause of copywrite. so close to 900K on this mission :smile:
User avatar
JTB123
Incendiary Ninja
Incendiary Ninja
Posts: 536
Joined: Wed Jul 27, 2011 3:43 pm
Location: England

Re: Mission Mode Videos: High Scores , Speed Runs , No Hurt Runs (26/09/2018) 55.6 Mill on video!

Post by JTB123 » Thu Oct 04, 2018 7:37 pm

Got a new MD5 run after breaking down the first one I did, can still be better if you could get your 50 UT's earlier but that requires a hell of a lot of cooperation from the enemies. Broke 55.1 mill from this as well :biggrin:

User avatar
TheGodfatherDictator
Flawless Ninja
Flawless Ninja
Posts: 158
Joined: Tue Jul 26, 2011 5:53 pm

Re: Mission Mode Videos: High Scores , Speed Runs , No Hurt Runs (26/09/2018) 55.6 Mill on video!

Post by TheGodfatherDictator » Thu Oct 04, 2018 11:03 pm

JTB123 wrote:
Thu Oct 04, 2018 7:37 pm
Got a new MD5 run after breaking down the first one I did, can still be better if you could get your 50 UT's earlier but that requires a hell of a lot of cooperation from the enemies. Broke 55.1 mill from this as well :biggrin:

Damn awesome, I just did the mission No Damage and it was terrible, I don't understand how you like these missions bro :P
User avatar
JTB123
Incendiary Ninja
Incendiary Ninja
Posts: 536
Joined: Wed Jul 27, 2011 3:43 pm
Location: England

Re: Mission Mode Videos: High Scores , Speed Runs , No Hurt Runs (06/10/2018) 55.8 Mill on video!

Post by JTB123 » Sat Oct 06, 2018 5:14 pm

I love the 100 enemy mission TGD, I wish there were more of them. I feel they enforce the importance of movement more than most others as you are in such a small environment with a very high enemy count. Playing them for karma is an immense across all areas so it makes getting that final run feel amazing.

Got my POTMN4 score back after all these years :) We are so close to 56 million on video now, I think I'm done with new high scores for a bit but I may look to see where that last chunk could be gotten for 56 million on video.



I don't think the windmill shuriken juggle on the corpse has been shown before to charge a full UT and still retain the essence, I found this out while doing practice runs and while I view it as an evolution of the WS into ET trick on a corpse it helps so much in getting those few extra UT's on this mission. It may come in handy on the lower difficulties in story mode too.
User avatar
TheGodfatherDictator
Flawless Ninja
Flawless Ninja
Posts: 158
Joined: Tue Jul 26, 2011 5:53 pm

Re: Mission Mode Videos: High Scores , Speed Runs , No Hurt Runs (06/10/2018) 55.8 Mill on video!

Post by TheGodfatherDictator » Sat Oct 06, 2018 6:10 pm

JTB123 wrote:
Sat Oct 06, 2018 5:14 pm
I love the 100 enemy mission TGD, I wish there were more of them. I feel they enforce the importance of movement more than most others as you are in such a small environment with a very high enemy count. Playing them for karma is an immense across all areas so it makes getting that final run feel amazing.

Got my POTMN4 score back after all these years :) We are so close to 56 million on video now, I think I'm done with new high scores for a bit but I may look to see where that last chunk could be gotten for 56 million on video.



I don't think the windmill shuriken juggle on the corpse has been shown before to charge a full UT and still retain the essence, I found this out while doing practice runs and while I view it as an evolution of the WS into ET trick on a corpse it helps so much in getting those few extra UT's on this mission. It may come in handy on the lower difficulties in story mode too.
Your right but damn I feel these missions are awful to no damage, but I do like the amount of movement controls you do when doing KR, I will defo follow your strat when I do these missions. Atm I'm focusing on DotF4. I did 1 176 XXX so far, all the essence gathered with the benediction, so I feel to beat Randomize HS I gotta do the same but way faster. The huge problem I feel here is that the ogre can be killed by Paz which can fuck up the whole in matter of seconds. I will also upload my 703k run of GotU1 soon.
User avatar
JTB123
Incendiary Ninja
Incendiary Ninja
Posts: 536
Joined: Wed Jul 27, 2011 3:43 pm
Location: England

Re: Mission Mode Videos: High Scores , Speed Runs , No Hurt Runs (06/10/2018) 55.8 Mill on video!

Post by JTB123 » Sat Oct 06, 2018 7:25 pm

Paz taking down the Orge is killer for that mission, I'm putting the final additions on my mission mode essence guide and I'll update that thread when it's done. That way people will have a quick reference for it as figuring that stuff out takes a lot of time. It really helped me figure out my game plans for these missions as essence plays a huge factor in them.

It's unfortunate when time is the deciding factor in MM as when you compare it to everything else it's such a small amount of points. I was going to try and improve my NP5 run but just knowing if Smaugan wastes 20 or 30 seconds is really demotivating during a run.
User avatar
Bigalski
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 471
Joined: Sun Aug 07, 2011 2:20 am

Re: Mission Mode Videos: High Scores , Speed Runs , No Hurt Runs (06/10/2018) 55.8 Mill on video!

Post by Bigalski » Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:42 am

WOW. Nicely done JTB!!
User avatar
JTB123
Incendiary Ninja
Incendiary Ninja
Posts: 536
Joined: Wed Jul 27, 2011 3:43 pm
Location: England

Re: Mission Mode Videos: High Scores , Speed Runs , No Hurt Runs (06/10/2018) 55.8 Mill on video!

Post by JTB123 » Sun Oct 07, 2018 8:06 pm

One more for the pile :biggrin:

That windmill shuriken trick makes this mission so much less dependent on every ninja cooperating for those starter UT's. Granted you still need to get a lot of them but not all 14.

User avatar
TheGodfatherDictator
Flawless Ninja
Flawless Ninja
Posts: 158
Joined: Tue Jul 26, 2011 5:53 pm

Re: Mission Mode Videos: High Scores , Speed Runs , No Hurt Runs (06/10/2018) 55.8 Mill on video!

Post by TheGodfatherDictator » Sun Oct 07, 2018 8:13 pm

JTB123 wrote:
Sun Oct 07, 2018 8:06 pm
One more for the pile :biggrin:

That windmill shuriken trick makes this mission so much less dependent on every ninja cooperating for those starter UT's. Granted you still need to get a lot of them but not all 14.

Wow GG dude, nice trick with WS. Meanwhile I am still stuck on DotF4 a little progress went up at 1 184 XXX with a shitty run I feel, WR should be there soon.
User avatar
JTB123
Incendiary Ninja
Incendiary Ninja
Posts: 536
Joined: Wed Jul 27, 2011 3:43 pm
Location: England

Re: Mission Mode Videos: High Scores , Speed Runs , No Hurt Runs (07/10/2018) 55.8 Mill on Video!

Post by JTB123 » Sun Oct 07, 2018 8:26 pm

Can't wait to see that run TGD, I love that some of the older videos are getting updated. I'm working on a way to archive all the older stuff for scores so they aren't lost as it's a shame to remove them from the thread. But videos look so much better these days it's great for newcomers to see the game looking so sharp.
User avatar
TheGodfatherDictator
Flawless Ninja
Flawless Ninja
Posts: 158
Joined: Tue Jul 26, 2011 5:53 pm

Re: Mission Mode Videos: High Scores , Speed Runs , No Hurt Runs (07/10/2018) 55.8 Mill on Video!

Post by TheGodfatherDictator » Sun Oct 07, 2018 9:51 pm

JTB123 wrote:
Sun Oct 07, 2018 8:26 pm
Can't wait to see that run TGD, I love that some of the older videos are getting updated. I'm working on a way to archive all the older stuff for scores so they aren't lost as it's a shame to remove them from the thread. But videos look so much better these days it's great for newcomers to see the game looking so sharp.
Yes I agree, I myself even removed most of my old videos no damage and replaced em with new ones. BTW HS done for DotF4 1 215 030 !!! All on videos and no damage also :sunnyd:
User avatar
TheGodfatherDictator
Flawless Ninja
Flawless Ninja
Posts: 158
Joined: Tue Jul 26, 2011 5:53 pm

Re: Mission Mode Videos: High Scores , Speed Runs , No Hurt Runs (07/10/2018) 55.8 Mill on Video!

Post by TheGodfatherDictator » Mon Oct 08, 2018 12:03 am

DotF4 Karma run added ! Proud of this one.
User avatar
Bigalski
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 471
Joined: Sun Aug 07, 2011 2:20 am

Re: Mission Mode Videos: High Scores , Speed Runs , No Hurt Runs (07/10/2018) 55.9 Mill on Video!

Post by Bigalski » Mon Oct 08, 2018 6:08 am

More great videos. Thanks guys for updating!!
User avatar
Luckrequired
Ninja Lucky Pants
Ninja Lucky Pants
Posts: 1266
Joined: Wed Jul 27, 2011 12:52 am
Location: British Headquarters of The International Dojo of Ninjas

Re: Mission Mode Videos: High Scores , Speed Runs , No Hurt Runs (07/10/2018) 55.9 Mill on Video!

Post by Luckrequired » Mon Oct 08, 2018 5:57 pm

Ahoy Sneh!

Just you lot wait till I get an Xbox again... your scores will still be safe. 8'(
Post Reply