Some New Commentary Mission Mode Videos I'll Be Making (EDIT)

PLATFORM: Xbox, Xbox 360 (emulation); RELEASE: March 2004 (NGB: September 2005)
reim0027
Administrator

Re: Some New Commentary Mission Mode Videos I'll Be Making (EDIT)

Post by reim0027 » Mon Jul 30, 2018 4:08 pm

For me, almost all of the Missions were brutal.
Luckrequired
Ninja Lucky Pants
Ninja Lucky Pants
Location: British Headquarters of The International Dojo of Ninjas

Post by Luckrequired » Mon Jul 30, 2018 10:12 pm

Bigalski wrote:
Mon Jul 30, 2018 8:20 am
So just to update this: I was taking a break from Mission Mode videos to do a Hard run but my hard drive crashed. I lost all the raw NGB files plus some other items so that's on hold. I'm still waiting to see if any data can be recovered. It's my fault for not backing up in a year and since I didn't have the desire to start Hard over (I was in chapter 10), I've decided to finish out my non farming Mission Mode videos. Thanks again to JTB for joining me with the commentary.

The CG row is pretty brutal other than maybe CG3. I've been trying to make these videos without using elixirs or ninpo but just couldn't do that on CG1 and used ninpo. I did however make sure to finish the mission by getting my ninpo back and was lucky enough to do it no hurt. I show a lot of failed tries for CG1, CG2, CG4, and CG5 so hopefully people can learn from my mistakes and our commentary. Maybe one day I'll go back and try CG1 again without using ninpo but that won't be anytime soon.

I bought a Xbox One X and now can make the videos in 1080P. My capture card won't let me do 4K but I'm sure 1080P will suffice. Even after all these years, this game looks amazing.

It's a sign, Al, someone upstairs wants you to switch your PS4 on...
unwary
Wasp Fiend
Wasp Fiend

Post by unwary » Tue Jul 31, 2018 12:20 am

Bigalski wrote:
Mon Jul 30, 2018 8:20 am

I bought a Xbox One X and ...

I also bought an xbox one x just for the purpose of it being a glorified ngb hd player, plus the ninpo drops on it are better than original console and xb360 :thumb:
Bigalski
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Bigalski » Tue Jul 31, 2018 7:51 am

They are for me too Reim but CG3 compared to the rest of that row isn't IMO.

LR, I did turn it on while I was sorting out all my hard drive issues and I turned it off once I got a Xbox One X. LOL

Nice Unwary. We've really enjoyed it.
Luckrequired
Ninja Lucky Pants
Ninja Lucky Pants

Post by Luckrequired » Tue Jul 31, 2018 8:12 pm

Darn it, I miss everything!

You gotta jump on your PS4 again sometime, me and Shig ended up talking for hours instead of playing anything. We can make this the new Vegas meet up, save a ton on airfare, and just use google maps street view to tour and have a virtual night out on the town. Crap, this jokey idea could work..!
Bigalski
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Bigalski » Wed Aug 01, 2018 7:35 am

I always had a great time talking with the guys when we were on Xbox. I'm so focused on getting this series done, I can't make any promises I'll turn it on anytime soon. Glad you guys are talking and having fun.
Bigalski
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Bigalski » Mon Aug 06, 2018 5:47 pm

Fateful Confrontation is up. I decided to fight the Cones two different ways. The first being with their weapon and the second using the DDB and XY move doing them no hurt. The DDB is always going to give you more points because of health and time vs outright fighting them considering I'm not farming them for score. The Clones are way overpowered IMO so I used the Armlet of Tranquility since the other fighting armlets have little benefit.

To be honest, this is the first time I've ever fought the Clones with their weapons because it doesn't give you a good score and I prefer to play for score. However it did give me a great deal of satisfaction beating them that way, especially the Flail Clone. I did put in my Death Counter clip on his Mission video. It's sad and funny at the same time.
reim0027
Administrator

Post by reim0027 » Wed Aug 08, 2018 2:01 am

I always hated the Flail Clone. He's such a prick.
Luckrequired
Ninja Lucky Pants
Ninja Lucky Pants

Post by Luckrequired » Wed Aug 15, 2018 10:12 pm

SAY IT TO MY FACE, REIM!

*re-reads posts* Nevermind.
Bigalski
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Bigalski » Thu Aug 16, 2018 12:56 am

I've got BotA row finished but trying the beat the two Clones straight up without using health or ninpo. They are so cheap plus any mistake I make gets punished. I see why I could only find two videos out there fighting them that way and why people just wall jump the mission. This is might take a LONG time.