Some New Commentary Mission Mode Videos I'll Be Making (EDIT)

PLATFORM: Xbox, Xbox 360 (emulation); RELEASE: March 2004 (NGB: September 2005)
reim0027
Administrator

Re: Some New Commentary Walkthrough Videos I'll Be Making

Post by reim0027 » Tue Feb 13, 2018 2:15 am

I love the low health UF for Doku. As for the VF, they did massive damage. I've never used them for Doku. I have used Ninpo cancel with the FW to avoid getting grabbed.
Bigalski
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Bigalski » Thu Feb 15, 2018 2:09 pm

Thanks VMD. We try our best to inform and entertain. :razz:

Trying the bosses different way Reim is new to me for the most part since I'm always using the low health UF on them. It's been fun.
reim0027
Administrator

Post by reim0027 » Fri Feb 16, 2018 2:29 am

Yeah, me too. I'm used to the low health UF. Except for Alma.
Bigalski
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Bigalski » Mon Feb 19, 2018 4:24 am

Chapter 12 and Chapter 13 are now up. We have a lot of great information in Chapter 12 including the Stadium Puzzle skips, counter-attacks for each weapon, how roll and ninpo cancelling work, along with different ways to fight the bosses. In Chapter 13 we talk about how the time bonus works, how to get two timed beetle encounters, and I have a couple of no hurt runs on and different ways to fight Awakened Alma. Also please take a look in the info section for links to more of JTB's Weapons Tutorial series, great chapter karma run videos by Kelll, and some fun skips by Unwary.
reim0027
Administrator

Post by reim0027 » Sun Feb 25, 2018 2:27 pm

That AA fight was very Sneh like. I never knew about the DS counter attack XX. I always did the CA X into an Izuna Drop. How powerful is it with the Armlet of Potency?
Bigalski
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Bigalski » Mon Feb 26, 2018 2:29 am

Sneh would have been proud of my AA fight. LOL It was nice to have it go that way a few times for sure. I hope it's like that on CG1 MN. :pray:

I'm like you and always went into a ID so I've never tried it with Potency on. :shrug:
Bigalski
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Bigalski » Mon Feb 26, 2018 2:32 am

Chapter 14 is up. I show a few ways to fight Ghost Fish and Spirit Doku but mainly I wanted to show it from two perspectives since it's a short chapter. One is going through and making the time limits anyway I wanted and the other is to focus more on UT's and compare the scores at the end. The first way I just ran through the chapter on one try but the other way took me more tries since I was more focused on score. I score 204,800 points more the second way but comparing that score to Kelll's run, he scores 59,140 points higher than me or roughly 12 UT's. Playing for a good score is not that easy and is a good challenge for anyone wanting to improve their gameplay.

Make sure to check out the link in the INFO section of JTB123 blasting through all the bosses on Ninja Dog. It's really a fun watch.
reim0027
Administrator

Post by reim0027 » Tue Feb 27, 2018 12:48 am

Those ghost fish. I hate them. There is no point to them other than trolling the player. Love the UF for Doku.
Bigalski
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Bigalski » Thu Mar 08, 2018 9:09 am

Chapter 15 is up. Pretty standard stuff from me from UTing Ghost Fish instead of the safe way of XXX Jump X with the Flails and fighting my way through the Top of the Core with the low health UF. I did show another version of fighting Hydracubus that I saw on my friend xSYBERIANx's activity feed and also showed a stun lock way of killing Marbus. I have a couple of versions of the First and Final Emperor Forms as well.
reim0027
Administrator

Post by reim0027 » Sun Mar 11, 2018 4:48 pm

I'm glad you put your Inazuma trick in the last boss. Like you said, that strategy adds 150k more than just flails and GB.
Bigalski
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Bigalski » Wed Mar 14, 2018 2:24 pm

Chapter 16 is up but I'll have one more blooper reel video and my Normal Walkthrough will be done. Since this was a short video at first, we decided to talk about NGRealm and how much video making has improved from my last NGB series to this one. I show a Fiend Murai fight with the Lunar but also have the standard low health UF with and without Ninpo.

Hope everyone has enjoyed this series and found the information useful or maybe even learned something new. I know I did with the great commentary of JTB123 and I thank him for helping me out. I'll be making some Mission Mode videos next on Master Ninja and always welcome any comments or suggestions for current or future videos.
reim0027
Administrator

Post by reim0027 » Fri Mar 16, 2018 1:57 am

I'll watch it this weekend!
reim0027
Administrator

Post by reim0027 » Sat Mar 17, 2018 10:09 pm

Brings back memories of recording and making videos. So much easier now. And, I almost always watch videos in full screen (unless they are not HD). I never knew (or forgot) that the IS will stun Murai into that position. Cool strategy.
Bigalski
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Bigalski » Thu Mar 29, 2018 12:55 pm

Finally finished my chapter 11 thru 16 blooper reel so this run is complete. I've been real busy with work plus these bloopers take a lot of time to go through since I'm trying to get fights the way I want them and/or I just suck sometimes :razz: which is why it's taking me so long to upload. I doubt I'll be making these going forward just because of the time involved. Hope everyone has enjoyed this Normal Commentary Run and I'll be working on Master Ninja Mission Mode videos next.
reim0027
Administrator

Post by reim0027 » Fri Mar 30, 2018 1:34 am

I'll watch it this weekend!
Bigalski
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Bigalski » Sat Mar 31, 2018 8:34 am

Since I finished the run, I took out all the links to the individual videos and just linked the complete playlist.
Luckrequired
Ninja Lucky Pants
Ninja Lucky Pants
Location: British Headquarters of The International Dojo of Ninjas

Post by Luckrequired » Sat Mar 31, 2018 3:28 pm

Sweet! I have missed this. <3
reim0027
Administrator

Post by reim0027 » Sun Apr 01, 2018 2:44 am

Oh man, those bloopers bring back memories. Especially those damn imps.
Massaca
Splatter Witch
Location: Free "Prisoner" at the Demon King's Castle (NSW, Australia)

Post by Massaca » Sun Apr 08, 2018 9:11 am

That last Ghost Fish super trolling ~8 mins into the Ch.11-16 blooper reel was hilarious, and just as the timer hit 0 too XD
Bigalski
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Some New Commentary Mission Mode Videos I'll Be Making (EDIT)

Post by Bigalski » Wed Apr 11, 2018 10:50 am

Glad y'all enjoyed the bloopers. They're always fun to make. They are hilarious now but they weren't when that crap was happening. :picard:

I've edited the thread title as I'm starting to make my Master Ninja videos. Thanks to JTB123 for doing the commentary with me again. It'll be a slow process but hopefully it can help current players and bring back some good (and bad) memories from the vets. :razz:

Instead of individual videos like in Story Mode, I'm going to upload each section at a time as a playlist so it's less messy.
Bigalski
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Bigalski » Mon Apr 16, 2018 8:10 am

Nightmarish Phantasms playlist is up. One of the problems IMO in the camera in this set. Learning how to control it is key. This set is worth a lot of points for those looking to improve their score.
reim0027
Administrator

Post by reim0027 » Mon Apr 16, 2018 9:33 pm

For some reasons, I've found the missions way harder than story mode.
Massaca
Splatter Witch

Post by Massaca » Thu Apr 19, 2018 2:18 pm

I'm just watching the main series now (up to Ch.07 so far), regarding smoke bombs I never used them because I'm so bad I don't think they'd help that much >_> But mainly it's the that ever-so-common issue of "I have to save my consumables". I never learnt how to use them effectively so it feels like I'd just end up wasting them and then wasting a fair bit of essence to restock them to potentially waste them again. Just hard to judge when they're worth using, at least for more casual play.

Are there any notable groups/enemies/bosses that they're great for? You mentioned Dynamo, that's one I should really try them on. And Slidey Imps too but again I feel there's too many of them to get into the habit of relying on the smoke bombs to help me win though perhaps there are specific fights they'd be good for like the second one in the Aqueducts (the narrow hall with the corner and Laser/Slidey guys).
Do they work well on Fiend Ryus and Laser Crabs?

Bonus question, Ch.02 vid, approx 2:50, is that the smoke bombs stunning enemies or do they just auto-backstep? Can ninja be knocked back with it instead of them immediately stopping and walking around you slowly?

Also holy crap that Dynamo running slash red bar on the boss health.

Final thing, regarding vid length I always say the longer the better so long as there's something to talk about. Even if you run out of video but still have something you want to cover I'd say just keep it going a bit
Like maybe for the mission mode sets if you did the whole set as a single vid, or just some because some of them are just so short you barely get to talk about it.
Massaca
Splatter Witch

Post by Massaca » Fri Apr 20, 2018 12:31 pm

Just finished up watching them. You guys asked about watching windowed or fullscreen and at what res. I just leave it on auto so it goes to whatever max is set. I almost always watch fullscreen unless it's like a half minute vid or something. That said, I watch this on my secondary monitor which is 1280x1024 but normally I'd watch it on the main (TV) being larger and at 1920x1080.

Learned several things watching through these, always enjoyable and interesting having the pair of you on commentary. Notably I never realised just pausing killed IS. I thought it was only when you switched projectile weapons.
Bigalski
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Bigalski » Sat Apr 21, 2018 11:10 am

Thank you Massaca for your questions and I'll do my best to answer them. Hopefully JTB will pop in and be able to give his thoughts as he is way more knowledgeable about the game.

I just think you'll need to experiment with Smoke Bombs and see if they help your current gamestyle. I thought they were useless until I played around with them more, especially for score but they can help distract in freeforming or just messing around. Most of the time they work great but IMO, it seems that if an enemy has committed to an attack and you drop a SB, most likely it won't work like if a cat is about to wring your neck or a laser from a crab. There's a couple of those examples in my bloopers. There are certain chests that contain SBs but if you're killing enemies with UT's, you should have more than enough essence to restock.

JTB said a line in my CH2 video that I'll always remember. "Some Bombs are so good, they're not in the second game. They took them out because they're too good." He has some more comments if you want to listen to them.

Not sure about the Fiend Ryu's. Since I'm always playing for score, I've never used them for those fights. I'll give it a shot next time I'm fighting them.

To me it's pretty much the samurai's that will back off compared to the other enemies. I think most enemies will just walk around you.

Yes that forward XXXX is brutal against him. If I didn't have to refill my ninpo, it would have been cool to finish him during that whole string.

We're trying to figure all that out about the length. I have added a buffer pic to the end of each Mission video so if we go over, we'll be OK. I've done individual videos for each Mission and the first set is just going to be how to beat them without items or Ninpo so yes they can be short. I'll be making other longer videos when I farm them which will give us a chance to go into more detail.

If you do watch in on your big TV, let me know how the vids look. Since my computer is older, I can only capture in 1280x720 because its not fast enough to capture higher. I've seen some 4K vids and they look fantastic but I'm hoping my gameplay and our commentary can make up for the lack of high vid quality.

Great!! I'm glad you learned some new things and TBH, I'm learning new things from JTB too. That's the goal of these series; to make quality vids that give out useful and informative content. We have a great time recording and I'm glad it comes though.

Not only that but it can cancel out cast Ninpo according to JTB and picking up items can cancel some damage from a boss. My MM NP5 video shows that with Smaugan.

Hope this helps and thanks again.